Chip’s Hole Update – April 7-9, 2006

WKPP: Chip’s Hole Update – April 7-9


WKPP

Summary by Casey McKinlay
Conditions across the WKP began to dry out in February so we decided to make one final run in Chip’s Hole to assess the section of cave between 12,000 and 16,000ft. Although we were fairly certain the cave did not continue, this section was the most likely to have going leads. We also intended to pull the remaining tanks and safety equipment from our previous exploration dive. The first two weekends in April presented us with clear conditions in the Chip’s system and that was all we needed to kick things off. Wakulla was clearing and would consume all available resources so we had to finish the Chip’s exploration or wait until fall. Jarrod shared my same sense of enthusiasm; it might be more accurate to say that we shared a common urge to get these difficulties out of the way. The plan was fairly straightforward